Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Meet Pile of Craft Vendor, Hillery Sproatt of Anschtecka & Hillery!

My name is Hillery Sproatt and I am a partner with Annika Blomberg in Anschtecka & Hillery. I make prints, drawings, and embroidered objects. You can visit my website and blog at hilleryrs.com.

I am most excited by spots and specks, details and forgottens, things left on the street and beneath beds. I am a collector of small things and I try to be attentive to the relationships formed by otherwise disparate objects and images. I often make believe that tiny worlds exist in the smallest things and if we look long enough we might get to see something truly special.

For much of my work, I use reclaimed materials, cutting room scraps, and found books. My mom has a clothing company called Rebe. She designs some of my favorite women's clothing and handbags! I often get my best fabric scraps from her. You can check out her newest collection on her website at myrebe.com.

If I could have one thing to eat tonight, it would definitely have to be Thai food. My favorite!

If you're looking to catch up with me after Pile of Craft, I sell much of my work at ReForm School, which is this amazing hub of curated handmade objects in Los Angeles, CA. You can visit their site at http://www.reformschoolrules.com/. You can also shop for my goodies along with Rebe at the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco or on my website at http://www.etsy.com/shop/hilleryrebe.

No comments: