Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A plea, from me.


Hey there, campers! Heather from HVM Designs here. I kind of wish I was camping right now.

Look what I did to my full length mirror today!


It's a pretty break, isn't it? You're wondering how I made it break that way, right? Well.

I have this really elaborate way of photographing my work for my etsy listings. I basically take self portraits, using the mirror behind the camera, so that I can see the preview screen of my camera while attempting to set up the shot. I feel pretty strongly about having human models, rather than static displays, because things get more hits in my shop when there's a someone modeling them.

The full-length mirror/tripod/self-portrait method is fine when I'm photographing necklaces or earrings, but it gets a lot more complicated when the items are rings and bracelets. I need two hands free to make this whole crazy scheme successful. So, in trying to get a shot like this:




I broke the mirror.

Here's my plea: if you are local, and have nice (and that definition is broad- you don't have to have long, perfectly manicured nails or anything- check out my hand, above) hands, and are available during the day, I need a model. I need this person really soon, and possibly, if it works out well, once a month or so on an ongoing basis. I can pay in my work, baked goods, or any other barter type dealie (that's legal).



You can email me at hvmdesigns AT gmail DOT com if you're interested! Thanks!

No comments: